I had the pleasure of being a guest on Dr. Steve Silvestro’s Child Repair Guide Podcast, where we discussed sports nutrition for young athletes. Some of the topics we talked about:
- The foundation of sports nutrition for kids
- At what activity level parents need to begin adapting their kids’ diet
- What threshold of junk food is “okay”
- The surprising nutrient that’s most important for your young athlete
- The ideal diet for your athletic child—from days before an event, to the day of and for recovery
- How to hydrate better
- Healthy sources of carbs
- Whether or not chocolate milk really is a good post-workout food
- Sports drinks alternatives
- The lowdown on supplements— Do your kids need them? Are there some you should avoid?
- My thoughts on the problem with nutritional studies
- What to do when your child constantly says: “I’m hungry!”
- …and a whole lot more!
Feel free to ask questions or leave me a comment! Enjoy the end of your summer! And contact me if your team would like a sports nutrition talk! Private consults also available!